Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Share My Life With Others - Witness

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
     As I've been working on my research paper this week, I've been reading many accounts of eye-witnesses to the shooting of JFK.  These witnesses share the truth with those who did not get to see this event, or who do not know what happened.  In the same way, we are meant to be witnesses of the Truth that is the love of Christ.  We are called to bring people into knowing Christ by testifying to what we have seen him do in our own lives and in the lives of those around us.  What would be the end result if no witnesses would step forth for a murder? Well the murderer would walk free, and evil would continue to happen by his hands.  I guess when you think of it that way, you have to think about this: What if I don't witness to God's hand in my life?  What will happen to others?...

     Now don't think that it is our job to convert ever single person we meet...if we try to do that, we will burn out..fast.  Our job is to be a living testimony and "plant the seed".  For Paul writes: "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." in Corinthians 3:6.  You see, God is the one who draws people closer to Him, but he wants us to be involved and be part of that process.  That's why Nazarenes consider it very important to live a holy lifestyle, so that our very lifestyle becomes a witness and testimony to our love for God, and for his greatness.

     "Desire: to reveal the life-changing love of Jesus to others." - Spiritual Disciplines Handbook

No comments:

Post a Comment